The AIT-WOODDES project will focus on the high level specification
of embedded real time systems allowing evolving design of product
applications so as to quickly and easily adapt the product to the market evolution and to
master increasing complexity of such products.
The project will deliver an environment for the design of
embedded systems using, where possible, existing standards, techniques and
products. This environment will offer system description and development tools providing a
homogeneous and continuous support for the development process of embedded systems.
The project is tackling this problem by using the UML (Unified
Modelling Language) notations, to completely describe embedded and real time
characteristics of such systems and also to benefit from the advantages of a
component based approach.
The results of the project are expected to have major impacts on:
- development time and cost
- quality of delivered products
- continuity of the development process
To be competitive, companies need to decrease time to market. To
achieve this, the project proposes to optimise the use of different actorsí know-how in
design and development techniques:
- to investigate and adapt the UML notations towards a development process for embedded
systems with Real Time constraints.
- to implement homogeneous modelling tools for data exchange between people from different
areas using different data administration systems ;
- to extend validation tools to be used early in the process (during the prototyping
phase) and to cover both component validation and integration.